Advocacy & Government Affairs
The East Metro Association of REALTORS® encourages its members to be involved, to be knowledgeable about issues impacting the real estate industry and their businesses, and to support candidates and initiatives that promote and ensure a healthy and sustainable real estate market. There are several ways to become an educated and involved REALTOR®.
- At a local level you can be involved as a member of our Government Affairs Committee and help to monitor legislation and elections in the communities we represent. You can support RPAC* which promotes the election of non-partisan, pro-REALTOR® candidates in elections at local, state and national levels
- On a statewide level, as a member of the Oregon Association of REALTORS®, you are among 13,000 colleagues who care deeply about how the real estate industry is regulated. Answer Calls To Action that allow you to let your voice be heard with two clicks of your mouse. We’ve made it very easy for you to let our legislators know the REALTOR® position on important legislation.
- At the national level keep informed through the REALTOR® Action Center as a gateway to opportunities to work with elected officials who are making decisions that have a huge impact on the bottom line of REALTORS® and their clients.
*RPAC – EMAR and the Oregon REALTORS® use RPAC to support state and local candidates, regardless of party affiliation, who support our values: improving quality of life by ensuring economic vitality, providing fair and equitable housing opportunities, and building stronger, more diverse communities.
Sign Up for REALTOR® Party Mobile Alerts
REALTOR® Party Mobile Alerts, NAR’s advocacy texting platform, offers REALTOR® Associations and REALTORS® a way to stay connected directly from their cell phone or tablet. When a national or state legislative call for action is launched, subscribers get a short text message, containing information to take action.
In political campaigns, the only thing that counts is the number of votes cast in support of a candidate or issue. To support causes that are important to your business and Oregon’s housing market make sure that you are registered to vote!
Not sure if you’re registered to vote? Click here to see if you are registered to vote in Oregon or to change your address or voter information.
These nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations register voters and encourage voting:
- ActiVote America (http://www.activoteamerica.com
- Rock the Vote (http://www.rockthevote.com
- Declare Yourself (http://www.declareyourself.com
- Just Vote http://www.justvote.org