2019 Family Scholarships
The East Metro Association of REALTORS® Foundation takes great pleasure in being able to offer a total of two scholarships for children or grandchildren of EMAR Members. We recognize that our youth of today are our future and we take pride in being able to offer a total of scholarships in the amounts of $2,000.00 and $1,500. The 2019 EMAR Foundation Scholarship Committee looks forward to receiving your application.
• Must be either a child or grandchild of a current EMAR member (REALTOR®, Appraiser, or Affiliate)
• Must be on track to graduate from high school in the current school year (there are no limitations as to which high school the student currently attends)
• Must have a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
Criteria for selection:
• School achievements, awards, and/or organizational involvement
• Community, civic or church activities, or hobbies
• An essay (1 page, typed and double-spaced) on personal or professional goals
• Personal interview
• Complete the EMAR Family Scholarship application
• Return the Application and a copy of your High School transcript to the EMAR Office no later than 5:00pm on Friday, April 26, 2019
• Scholarship finalists will be called by May 1st to schedule an interview
• Interviews will be scheduled with the finalists starting at 3:00 pm for the afternoon of Friday, May 3th at the EMAR Office (501 NE Hood Ave., Suite 210, Gresham, OR 97030).
• The Winners will be notified no later than May 7th
• Recipients of the Scholarships will be honored during our EMAR Luncheon on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 held at the Mojave Grill (77 NE 4th St · Gresham)
Lunch will be provided for the recipient and up to two of their guests (suggested – 2 family members). Additional guests may attend for $16.00 per person.
The entire amount of the scholarship is to be paid directly to the college of the student’s choice and is to be used within four (4) years. If not used, the funds will be returned to the EMAR Foundation General Fund.
If you have questions, please contact Beverly Lombardo, Interim Executive Director by phone at 503-667-1211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.